Mobile Report Issues

Douglas W. McCratic

I'm having some trouble using Mobile Reports.  Nothing I do updates my collection and adding a new collection only gets me this message "No reports are available for that database.  ComicBase Pro and Archive users can use the Save to Web command under Reports to generate these."  The database I have been using was last updated on 9/22/19.  I honestly probably still would not have noticed it to be so old had I not tried to look up a couple of specific recent issues.  I have had Sidekick save to the web and done the same in CB under reports but nothing changes.  

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Also, in trying to get a new report up and running, I exported all my current data and imported it into a new database.  There were some issues with fields not found in the new database which I worked around, but the real concern is that my collection lost about $1500 in value in the database that I imported and when I went back to confirm the data where I had exported it, it now matches the new database.  Again, probably not something I would have caught but I just tipped the scales at a value of $500,000 so it stood out.  I'm now down to $498,500 or so.  The most recent higher value books are there, as are the last 5 or so regular books.  

3 hours ago, Douglas W. McCratic said:

I'm having some trouble using Mobile Reports.  Nothing I do updates my collection and adding a new collection only gets me this message "No reports are available for that database.  ComicBase Pro and Archive users can use the Save to Web command under Reports to generate these."  The database I have been using was last updated on 9/22/19.  I honestly probably still would not have noticed it to be so old had I not tried to look up a couple of specific recent issues.  I have had Sidekick save to the web and done the same in CB under reports but nothing changes.  

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

We noticed you have 3 database files associated with your account. The db file named 'Complete Collection 2021' has no reports under it at the moment. Have you tried using the Reports Menu in ComicBase to 'Save to Web' a new report for this db? You'll also want to make sure you add that db file to Sidekick' Settings (general tab) so it does auto-report for you.

The Complete Collection 2021 was added last night and showed up but had no information in it apparently.  I've used the "Save to Web" function repeatedly but haven't seen the updates on the Mobile Reports.  The other two databases have been in use for quite awhile.  I'll have to look tonight to see if they're associated with SK.  

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Douglas W. McCratic said:

Also, in trying to get a new report up and running, I exported all my current data and imported it into a new database.  There were some issues with fields not found in the new database which I worked around, but the real concern is that my collection lost about $1500 in value in the database that I imported and when I went back to confirm the data where I had exported it, it now matches the new database.  Again, probably not something I would have caught but I just tipped the scales at a value of $500,000 so it stood out.  I'm now down to $498,500 or so.  The most recent higher value books are there, as are the last 5 or so regular books.  

We have been doing some pricing clean up in the past couple of months. We'll be posting a new content update today in the afternoon/evening hrs. See if it adjusts your values afterwards. If things still look off, contact our team at support@comicbase.com and let them know your observations.

We're halfway home.  The 2021 database updated and is available on mobile. Still nothing on the 2020db.  I changed the names of the uploads to match the databases and once I did that 2021 worked.  I downloaded the new content update and I'm up to $498,515.  Unfortunately, I didn't think to check the values before updating. 

22 hours ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

go to My Account>Profile on our website to remove dbs you don't want the mobile app to track

Hi Mark --

I have done as you suggest, but the "Database" pulldown menu at https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/MyComics.aspx still lists databases for which I have no reports.  

I only have two databases that I have been using since I adopted CB2020 (and have since upgraded to CB2021):  "2020 Collection Database" and "2020 For Sale Database."   However, the pulldown menu lists my "2014 Collection Database" and "2014 For Sale Database".  These were what I used prior to CB2020, but I deleted the reports associated with those databases since I no longer use them after the upgrade.  Is there any way to delete these "orphan" database options on my pulldown menu?

On 1/4/2021 at 11:10 AM, Douglas W. McCratic said:

Deleting the reports in mobile appears to have worked and I have online access to my current db.  I still have the option of choosing databases with no information attached to them.  I tried removing the databases themselves to no avail.  Do I need to do it from somewhere other than the CB site? 

-If there's any kind of database confusion that you see online or in the app, go to your profile online and remove all databases: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Profile.aspx

-next, startup ComicBase with the desired database you want to link to your online account, then go the File Menu>Collection Statistics - this will do 2 things, give a summary of your collection and on the back-end link the db to your online profile.

33 minutes ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

i might be confused...

are you trying to get new reports for these other databases or remove these dbs from your online account/moblie app?

No, I am trying to get those databases delisted from my online account. 

The reports associated with them are gone.  But the databases themselves are still listed in the "Database" pulldown menu at https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/MyComics.aspx and it makes things messy when trying to select reports from the databases that I actually use.  

then go to your profile page online and remove the unwanted databases: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Profile.aspx. once you do that, they shouldn't appear in the database drop down.

*Keep in mind - anytime you load a new database into the software, it will appear in the drop down menu under your profile page if you calculate stats or updated it.

3 hours ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

then go to your profile page online and remove the unwanted databases: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Profile.aspx. once you do that, they shouldn't appear in the database drop down.

*Keep in mind - anytime you load a new database into the software, it will appear in the drop down menu under your profile page if you calculate stats or updated it.

As I indicated upthread, I did do that.  

• 1 month later...

I was able to update my collection on the mobile version (at least it indicates it was updated 3/9/2021) but View Report does not match my Collection Overview in CB nor will it allow me to a view the Collection Report in CB (only in the mobile version). I get an error message 'No items in your collection which matched those criteria.' 

Why is this happening and what's the different between the Collection Overview and Collection Report?

Thanks. 

Hey Brett,

go to Comicbase.com, My Account>Profile - take glance at your database list that its accurate. There may be a chance you have more than database linked to it which may be confusing things. Feel free to remove any database you don't use from the list. Also feel free to send up new reports to your online account from the software afterwards.

*in order for newer reports to appear, something has to change from the last report uploaded to your account (ex: new item in the db, price change, etc.) otherwise no newer report will post.