Mark 2 laser scanner not entering numbers into barcode field

Sean W. Bravener

I just picked up this scanner from you guys and plugged it in.  I opened Comicbase and began scanning barcodes.  Unfortunately the numbers from the barcodes are not showing up.  Here are the steps I have tried so far

1) made sure I was in the find comic by barcode field.

2) opened notepad and scanned a few books.  same thing.  no numbers.

3) I wend through the easy setup and scanned all the codes.  retried scanning books same result.  beep no numbers

4) went through the advanced setup retried scanning a book beep no numbers

5) closed and re-opened Comicbase.  same result.

6) rebooted computer and plugged scanner into different USB port.  Beep no response.

At this point I am out of options.  Please oh wise and powerful comicbase gurus point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Sean B.

I would send an email to support@comicbase.com for faster response.

Assuming you are scanning in the set-up codes correctly and scanning the codes correctly (which I am), you have gone through the steps I would have.

The telling one is that nothing is showing up in Notepad.

One question: When you press the button to scan, to you see the light on the object?

• 1 year later...

If you have model we sell, try using the setup guide to reset the scanner then reprogram with our setup codes. If you need acess to our setup guides, head here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Products/barcodesetup.aspx

*you can also try a different USB port on your computer. I've heard of cases where users had machines with faulty ports.