Use of Title Custom Check

Fred Slota

Want to find recent holes in series I'm interested in.  This is the process I envisioned...

1. Search for owned issues over the last year (Street Date), sort by ComicBase order.
  2. Walk through the list, deciding which titles have runs of issues I'm interested in verifying.
  3. Set a custom Title Checkbox for the titles I'm interested in checking.
  4. Search for all issues over the last year (Street Date) of Titles with the Custom Checkbox set, sort in ComicBase order.
  5. Walk through the list, setting Issue Wanted checkboxes of issues that I want.

1) It appears that there is no simple way to, from the grid of returned issues, to modify a Title Custom Checkbox.  I have to choose to Modify an issue, then edit the Title Info, then Check the box, Save, Save.  I'm I missing something?

2) Having set a Title Checkbox, how can I build a search for step 4, looking at Title Custom Checkbox?

3) Would there be a quick way to clear the various Title Custom Checkboxes when finished, preferably without editing each title info?

1) No, you are not missing anything. Currently, the only way to change the Title custom fields is per individual Title.

2) Try ComicTitles.[CustomCheck1] (changing 1 to 2 or 3 if needed). This is assuming an Advanced Find.

You could use the normal Find with the Title Fields and selecting the custom check boxes but that is all you would be searching for.

3) No (see 1).

ComicTitles.[CustomCheck1] or ComicTitles.CustomCheck1 should have worked. I just did a quick test using both and the both returned what I expected.

Normally the [] are needed when there is a space in the name of the field. if it had been Custom Check 1 then you would have to have it in []. (which is why smart database admins don't create fields with spaces...)