Heavy Metal Vol 2

I'm not clear on what you are trying to say here.  The issue numbering in Heavy Metal (2nd series) matches the issue numbers on the cover of the magazine.  (Although I'm not sure I can vouch for all of the cover dates being correct)

For folks who aren't familiar with why the database has a 2nd series for HM, you can make a quick visit to the old CB msg boards herehere and here

• 1 month later...

Having read through the old message board posts regarding Heavy Metal, and their shift to a sequential issue numbering rather than the previous annual volume/issue number method, I am understanding that their records and those of CB apparently differ by about 10 issues. Currently, the first series numbering stops at #258 in ComicBase and on AA, with those last few issues before the shift being absent from both Series 1 and Series 2. Presumably this was done to avoid confusion, but with the side effect being that those 10 issues or so are no longer indexed or available on AA in either series.

Coincidentally, this shift in numbering happened at a time when I was winding down my new comics purchases and not frequenting my LCS as often, which resulted in some gaps in my long run right before the shift in numbering. I'm trying to figure out which issues I am missing, and create a usable want list, but in addition to the missing 10 issues, am having some difficulties reconciling the old volume/issue numbering Heavy Metal used with the sequential numbering shown for Series 1 in the database. With magazines now having their own category in the database and volume/issue numbering being more common, is there a possibility of seeing this applied to the Series 1 Heavy Metal issues? Or will I just need to rely on that information being in the "Notes" column and do the best I can with visual references of the covers when shopping off-AA to fill in those gaps?