2020 marking/unmarking change

Geoffrey B. Scobel

There seems to be an issue with marking and unmarking not changing the view immediately when you perform it.  I have the Marked checkbox as one of the columns on my screen and when I hit Ctrl-R, the screen doesn’t change.  If I double click on the issue, it shows the item is not marked but the main list still shows the checkbox checked.  I have to leave the title and then return to it to have it reflect the change.  Also, I’m fairly certain that when in list view before, if I was manually changing other information in the row for a specific issue, I could hit the Ctrl-R and it would allow me to Mark the record without having to actually click and physically select the entire record beforehand but now it appears I have no choice but to highlight the row before I can use Mark or Unmark.  Are these changes that were intended?  They really slow me down when I’m doing my data entry, probably just because I’m used to doing things a certain way for many years now but that is, unfortunately, a negative change for me.  Just wondering if I’m missing something here.

I also resized the window, centered it right in the middle of my screen, closed Comicbase and when I re-opened it went full screen again.  Sorry to pile on but I'm also noticing that I can't change the option to automatically backup the database when Comicbase closes.  I uncheck the box, click Save and when I go back in, the checkbox is checked again.  Is there just no way to change this option?

Okay, this is starting to get obnoxious.  After reinstalling the latest version of the installer, my predictive typing in the Find box no longer works.  I type anything in the find box and I get absolutely nothing coming up at all.  Before I updated, at least that was working and it was a nice feature.  Why does it no longer work?  Please advise.

I did speak to Pete and he suggested I try installing the latest build when it comes available.  I did find one thing out.  If I run the program and make it full screen, the Find box appears to work okay.  The minute I resize the window to make it smaller, the Find box stops working.  I don't know if this points to anything specific or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Ok, after a ton of testing I believe I have this working.  The issue is with the section on top of the grid with the default cover and title description.  If that section is narrowed too much, the pull down will not display, it apparently needs a default amount of space to display it.  Once I expanded that area sufficiently, that started to work.  Frustrating but at least I have it working now.  Thanks to everybody for their input!