Label Formatting

I'm just wondering if it would be possible to allow us to format the ID labels a bit before printing. When a title has an especially long name the resulting label is almost illegible. It would be nice if we could enter a line break so that the title isn't squeezed into one line of text. 

I was also wondering if it would be possible to select other information to include in the label. I personally would like to be able to add the publication date and have the option of using the original barcode instead of the custom one generated by ComicBase. 

And as long we we are talking about label printing, I'd like to take advantage of printing divider labels for new titles, but two things are holding me back from using the feature. 

1. I'd like to be able to use a font of my choice
  2. I'd like to be able to print the title on both the top and the bottom of the same label so that I don't have to print two labels when I want to label both sides of a divider.  I've attached an example of what I do using the Dymo software.

Thanks!

label.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'd also like to have the ability to use the original UPC barcode...A number of comics either don't include the barcode (older direct sales) or have the barcode on the back of the issue, which is obviously not visible when bagged.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:48 PM, Kenneth R. Burch said:

Diffent size lables would also be nice. The current lables size does not fit on my dividers without cutting them.

Which ones are you using? I'm using Dymo 30252 Compatible 1-1/8" x 3-1/2" Address Labels and they fit the Ultra Pro dividers as long as you don't mind placing them a few millimetres from the top. Although I must admit I also trim mine because I like to have them snug to the top of the divider tab as well. 

• 1 month later...

I just thought I'd bump this to bring up another formatting issue I have discovered. 

When printing an ID label for a comic which has a cover stretching across both the front and back, it prints the cover in the same aspect ratio as a regular cover, resulting in cover image that looks squashed. Would it be possible to have the cover image maintain its aspect ration when printed?

And of course, I'd still love to see the suggestions I made in my first post implemented as well!

Thanks!