Can't update from Sidekick

Michael Jacobson

Same thing is happening to me. I checked the website here and saw there was now the 2021 version so I updated to that but still get the same message when trying to download the update from Sidekick. I updated through the Comicbase 2021 itself. Then I wanted to do a save to the cloud from Sidekick and it just kept grinding and grinding for soooo long that I just canceled it. Sidekick 2021 doesn't seem to be working.

our team was doing weekend work on our server that may have caused the trouble.

Ran a test update this morning through Sidekick and everything looks to be working ok.

Try to update again via Sidekick. If you still have trouble, screenshot where it gets stuck for you and email our team directly at support@comicbase.com; they'll look further into the trouble if necessary.

If you haven't tried already, download/install the revised CB2021 program installer from your online account here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

give your computer a restart afterwards and see if you have the same trouble.

*Also, if you have any protection software like Norton, MacAfee, Malwarebtyes, etc. - you may need to setup an application exclusion/exception so ComicBase can have internet access.

Thanks much---so it turns out I was not on the very latest version of Comicbase 2021. I noticed the release number on the website currently was different than the one I had just recently downloaded. So I downloaded the most current version today and now Sidekick is working perfectly fine again!