Language problem: Switch from German to English descriptions

Axel Imholz

After installing the new Comicbase (which solved a lot of old problems) I now have a new one that really bugs me:

The Comicbase system language was automatically changed to German (my Windows country setting). The translations of the column names or the pulldown menus are a mixture of funny and horrible - just like a bad Google or Ebay translation. That never happened with older versions!

No problem I thought: Just change the country setting in Windows and everything will work just like before.

Bad idea: With the new country setting Comicbase wouldn't start at all. So now I am back where I started.

Any ideas how to change the Comicbase system language (without a complete reinstallation of Comicbase under the US-Setting in Windows)?

Edited by Axel Imholz

Hi Axel,

Are you seeing this in ComicBase or Sidekick? Neither should have any German resources in the current build (there were placeholder resources, but they're excluded from the main project since they haven't been through human translation--is it possible you're somehow seeing these?). In any case, try re-downloading the software and let me know if you still have the problem by writing us directly at support@comicbase.com and letting us know your exact version, edition, and language settings.

-Pete