Comic Shop News - Special Issues

I see that there is now an entry for Comic Shop News under Magazines, which is great since I have a pretty big stack of them. I just have a question regarding special releases which aren't numbered.  Specifically, the Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer previews. 

If you look at "Smr 2016" it's for the Fall Preview of 2016. I assumed this was because Fall Previews are actually released in the summer, which makes sense to me. The same is also true of "Smr 2017". However, this logic doesn't seem hold in many cases. For example, if you look at  "HO 2010" it's for the Fall preview, and if you look at "Smr 1995" it's for the Summer Preview of 1995. There are many more examples like this but you probably see my point by now.

What I want to know is, what is the format we should be using? Should they all just be numbered to correspond with what it says on the cover? 

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd revive this to see if anyone has an opinion. Despite when they are released I think the simplest way to catalogue these specials is to do it based on what they are called on the cover and not when they are published. So if it says Summer Preview 2016 it should be "Smr 2016". The image I've attached is an example of what I am talking about. Presumably the Fall Preview came out in the summer and that's why it's been listed as a summer special. 

csn.jpg