New Report - Is this possible?

Craig Sinclair

Hi All

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this report is possible within Comicbase and if so how I'd go about getting it. Happy to export the data to Excel if needs be to play around with it but not sure how to get some of the fields I'm after.

I want to report on my collection showing these fields:

Title
Item #
Publisher - This is the publisher that you see towards at the top of the screen under the main title for the issue
Date for Series - This is the date that you see towards at the top of the screen under the main title for the issue
Cover Date for issue
Quantity
Price
Genre - Again this is the genre shown under the main title for the issue

The fields without notes I can get from the various reports or by doing an export but its the fields that are shown in the top section of the screen that I just can't seem to find.

I'm using v21.0.1.1456 Archive just in case you need to know which version I'm using.

Many thanks in advance.

Craig

Issue information is easy: Title, Item #, Cover Date, Quantity, and Price.
Title information is not easy or not possible: (not easy) Publisher, Date for Series, (not possible) genre (more accurated called Tag as not all Tags are genre).

Collection Report (Basic)   has Title, Publisher, Date of Series, Item #, Quantity, and Price. Missing Genre/Tag.

Item Checklists             has Title, Publisher, Date of Series), Item #, and Quantity. Missing Price (it has Cost and NM Value), and Genre/Tag.

Price List (Basic/Detailed) has Title, Publisher, Date of Series), Item #, Quantity, and Price. Missing Genre/Tag.

The 'not possible' item is Genre/Tag. There is currently nothing in CB that will display it in a report or even to do a Find on it (Note: You CAN do a find for a particular Genre/Tag by clicking on it but there is no way for use to use it in a Find.)

With existing reports, Collection Report (Basic) or Price List (Basic or Detailed) will get all the information (and more) EXCEPT for Genre/Tag.

Since you mentioned Excel, You can get exactly what you want, except for Genre/Tag, with a combination of Export (for the Issue information.
For the Title information, you would need to do a Find where Publisher is > ' ' (that is a Space). This will return a Find result of all the Publisher, Title, Date of Series.
Once you have this, you can Select All (CTRL+A), copy the columns, then paste it into Excel. After importing the Issue export info into Excel, you should be able to tie the two together by Title name (a little work and it's been a while since I have done this so I am not sure of the steps).
This will get you exactly what you want EXCEPT for Genre/Tag.  Currently, there is no way to get to that information.

PS if you know databases, you can import both the Issue export info and the Title info into tables and then a simple Join on Title name will tie everything together.