Books that are MMPB not TPB (...and other "Binding Type" corrections)

• Gregory Hecht changed the title to Books that are MMPB not TPB (...and other "Binding Type" corrections)

Exotic Fantasy is listed in the database under "Books" rather than "Comics."  This wouldn't necessarily be my personal choice, but I can understand that there is a rationale behind this since these issues are mostly sketches and pin-ups, and only a small amount of comics.  

However, the database lists the individual items under this title as TPB.  These are definitely not trade paperbacks, the construction is very much stapled comic books.  There is apparently "Comic Book" listed as a choice under the "Binding Type" pull-down menu, so I think that this would be a place to use that selection.  

This does open up a bigger issue: there are lots of comic books in the database that are just pin-ups and cover galleries (here are some examples).  If Exotic Fantasy belongs in books, then so do all or most of the comics shown at the link.  Is it HC's intention to move all of these out of the Comics category and into the Books category?  

15 hours ago, Gregory Hecht said:

Exotic Fantasy is listed in the database under "Books" rather than "Comics."  This wouldn't necessarily be my personal choice, but I can understand that there is a rationale behind this since these issues are mostly sketches and pin-ups, and only a small amount of comics.  

However, the database lists the individual items under this title as TPB.  These are definitely not trade paperbacks, the construction is very much stapled comic books.  There is apparently "Comic Book" listed as a choice under the "Binding Type" pull-down menu, so I think that this would be a place to use that selection.  

This does open up a bigger issue: there are lots of comic books in the database that are just pin-ups and cover galleries (here are some examples).  If Exotic Fantasy belongs in books, then so do all or most of the comics shown at the link.  Is it HC's intention to move all of these out of the Comics category and into the Books category?  

This looks like it should go back to comics.

When we did our initial scrub of moving titles to different categories before the recent AtomicAvenue.com website update; our editorial team might have anciently moved some titles over to Books when they should have stayed. If you notice any more that are questionable, please let us know.

10 hours ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

This looks like it should go back to comics.

When we did our initial scrub of moving titles to different categories before the recent AtomicAvenue.com website update; our editorial team might have anciently moved some titles over to Books when they should have stayed. If you notice any more that are questionable, please let us know.

It looks to me as if Escape from Wonderland Cover Gallery might be a candidate to be moved from Books to Comics for the same reason.  I don't own it, though, so I'm only 90% certain.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...