Marvel published 17 (that I know of) comics to be distributed to our troops overseas.  I have most of these, and noticed a pattern while inputting some.  The numbers appear random because the cover titles are all different. 

1. New Avengers guest starring the Fantastic Four
  2. New Avengers guest starring the Fantastic Four
  3. New Avengers
  4. New Avengers Letters Home
  5. New Avengers The Spirit of America
  6. New Avengers Fireline
  7. New Avengers An Army of One
  8. New Avengers The Promise
  9. New Avengers The Hero Exchange
  10. New Avengers
  11. Captain America The First Avenger
  12. Captain America The First Avenger
  13. Avengers
  14. Avengers
  15. Iron Man
  16. Thor
  17. Captain America

I went to put in a single listing for all of them and once I had it entered, it was already populated with pictures and even credits.  To make it weirder, I set the quantity to zero while entering it but I now have a copy of #14 with no changes from me.  It was just there when the information populated. 

Was this title/information deleted at one point and I've stumbled onto the old data?  If so, what was the thinking on breaking it up into other titles?  I imagine I will keep the AAFES title for my own use but am curious. 

The AAFES books got scattered all around the database, it is kind of a mess.  Personally, I would have handled it as all of the AAFES issues going under one title, but that is admittedly a "hindsight is 20-20" kind of thing.  

What are your settings for content updates?  Do you have the program delete obsolete titles and issues for which your quantity is zero?  If not, that might explain why the old listings are available in your database.  

9 hours ago, Gregory Hecht said:

Do you have the program delete obsolete titles and issues for which your quantity is zero?  If not, that might explain why the old listings are available in your database.  

I do have those settings.  Nothing appeared until I completely created the new title.  The pic files were there too.  

CB already har these Titles (with issues):

Avengers (AAFES), #13 & 14

Captain America (AAFES), #17

Iron Man (AAFES), #15

New Avengers (AAFES), #3 & 19

Thor (AAFES), #16

My guess is that sometime in the past there was an AAFES Title (and associated Picture folder with covers) but HC decided to make them separate Titles.  This 'orphan' picture folder, which no longer had a Title, was then associated with the new Title you created and therefore these older, 'orphaned' covers were displayed.

Not sure about the Qty value changing or credits and I am not advocating for separate Titles or combining them. Just trying to explain why the covers 'just appeared'.

PS If you do a Find in Notes that Contain AAFES, you can find all 17 issues listed in CB.