Comics with digital codes - some questions

A Variation of Digital (displays as Dig) has been added so you can use that when you create a new Digital issue.

As for the Digital Code sticker, that would probably be a matter of opinion. You could get really picky collectors who would consider the removal as negative for condition. Others probably won't care and could expect it to be removed.

My bigger concern, long term, is what the glue used to mount that sticker will do to the page( s ) over time.

Some retailers (e.g. mycomicshop) don't downgrade a comic if the digital code has been redeeemed.  But I agree with Steven that some really picky collectors may feel differently. 

EDITED TO ADD:  I don't know what the policy on this is for professional grading services (such as CGC) but I would assume that they would downgrade if the digital code sticker was not in "unaltered, like new" condition, i.e., the peel-away portion still attached.  

When I post comics for sale on Atomic Avenue that have a digital comic sticker, I always indicate whether or not the code was redeemed and the expiry date for the code... this way the buyer always knows what they are getting.  

3 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

My bigger concern, long term, is what the glue used to mount that sticker will do to the page( s ) over time.

I agree, although I am more concerned about the long term affect of the adhesive that is used to attach the sticker to the comic book page than I am about the adhesive that is used to attach the outer "peel-away" sticker that conceals the digital redemption code.  

I am not sure but I think it is (only?) use for Digital Only issues.

I did a Find for all the current Digital comics listed in CB (Find Variation Is Dig) and any that have notes have Digital Only. The Ones that didn't have notes only had Digital Issues in Title.

Since you can add a Digital comic to a non-digital Issue, this make some sense.