Reset Picture information/thumbnails for a Title

Fred Slota

How about the ability to reset the picture information for a single title?

I work with my personal scans and the official scans in two directories, with the occasional need to a new scan of mine in place of the official one.

With the earlier version, if I swapped scan directories, the thumbnails would adjust.  This version, the thumbnails appear not to adjust.  I just duplicated a few issues and added a slightly different spread of scans.  When I switch directories, which issues have thumbnails will adjust based on which scans are actually present, but if there were different scans with the same name in the two directories, the thumbnails won;t shift with the shifted directories.

To be more clear.  I expanded a title's existing issues 1-5 to have 1-5, 1/A-5/A and 1/B-5/B.  The original directory has scans for 1-5, while my directory has scans for 2, 3, 4/A and 5/A.  When pointed at the original directory, there are thumbnails for 1-5, when pointed at mine, there are thumbnails for 2, 3, 4/A and 5/A.  The thing is, the thumbnail for 2 & 3 still shows the original thumbnail and not my updated one when pointed at my directory.  The image on top, and the image when I click for a larger view are correct, but the thumbnail is not.

Just a suggestion as I do something similar (keep my scans in a different directory).

What is different is I don't switch directories.  I leave CB pointing to a CB Pictures folder and when I create a new scan in my directory, I copy it into CB, letting it replace the cover scan.  When you do this, it will delete the old one and replace it with the new one (including the thumbnail).

1) If you misidentify you issues variation, you have problems not matter what.

2) Unless your scans are relatively small, the update process shouldn't overwrite the existing cover.

Also, since you (should) have your cover scans in a separate directory, you shouldn't permanently lose any of your cover scans. You can just copy them back in, if needed.

On my old 24" monitor I created cover scans with a pixel height of around 1,500 for my new, larger monitor, I use 2,000.  At those sizes they haven't been overwritten by anything in an update.

But everyone's situation is different (smaller screen sizes (especially laptops)) so the way I do it may not work for you.

Between the new version and having several year's worth of comics to merge into my main storage, I'm doing a complete issue-by-issue walk-through of my collection.  Because I have separated my scans from the official scans, I can walk through the new system's database visually comparing every issue to the official scan and can tell when they don't match.  I've found several instances so far (about 10% through) where I've had the wrong variant, or in one case, the wrong series, assigned for a book.  If I had been placing my scans in CB's directory, I would have had a problem; since I don't, I could notice and correct it.