Entering Storylines (is all this really necessary?)

I recently came across an issue with a Storylines entry of:

Introduction by Louise Simonson; Introduction by Roy Thomas; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #61, 2/1981: Conan: The Wizard Fiend of Zingara!/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Portfolio: Barbarians by Day; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #62, 3/1981: Conan: The Temple of the Tiger/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #63, 4/1981: Conan: Moat of Blood/Chane of the Golden Hair: Andrax the Last/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #64, 5/1981: Conan: The Children of Rhan/Portfolio: Conan the Barbarian… by Toth/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Chane of the Golden Hair: The Devil’s Bait; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #65, 6/1981: Conan: The Fangs of the Serpent/Bront: Death of the Mind—Rebirth of the Soul, Part 1/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #66, 7/1981: Conan: The Sea of No Return/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Bront: Death of the Mind—Rebirth of the Soul, Part 2; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #67, 8/1981: Conan: Plunder of Death Island/A Tale of the Hyborian Age: In the Desert of Dreams/Chane of the Golden Hair: Deliverance/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #68, 9/1981: Conan: Black Cloaks of Ophir/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Portfolio; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #69, 10/1981: Conan: Eye of the Sorcerer/Portfolio: A Romas Kukalis Portfolio/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #70, 11/1981: Conan: The Dweller in the Depths/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Preview: Conan the Motion Picture: A Cimmerian in Hollywood/Portfolio: Like Father, Like Daughter; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #71, 12/1981: Conan: The Lurker in the Labyrinth/Preview: Conan the Motion Picture: The Boyhood of Conan/Portfolio: Conan & the Conjuress/Portfolio: Conan on the Move/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls; The Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #72, 1/1982: Conan: The Colossus of Shem/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Preview: Conan the Motion Picture/Portfolio: Conan x 3; Bonus Features; Biographies

If you do a find for StoryLines (using the first 'The Wizard Fiend of Zingara!'), you find this:

Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #61, 2/1981: Conan: The Wizard Fiend of Zingara!/Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Portfolio: Barbarians by Day, The

The addition of 'Savage Sword of Conan (Vol. 1), #61, 2/1981: " is not part of a Storyline and shouldn't be submitted that way. If you want this in your own database, that is up to you but to add it to the Master Database which is then pushed out to everyone's database shouldn't be allowed (in my opinion).

Adding Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls isn't very useful as there are a LOT of them and don't serve any useful purpose (again, in your database, you can do what you want).

If you must add the Letters pages, it should not be concatenated with another story line like 'Letters Page: Swords and Scrolls/Portfolio: Barbarians by Day'
They should be separated by a semi-colon (as should all of these separate Storylines).
Finally, since a semi-colon was not used, CB thinks this is one (long) Storyline which causes the 'The' of 'The Savage Sword of Conan' to be put at the very end.

Just came across the entry for Marvel Masterworks: Captain America #13/HC and I see the same problem here.  I have not looked very far for more examples, but my spidey-sense tells me that there could be quite a few.  

It would be nice if Mark or Pete could chime in to tell us whether they have instructed the content editors to trim down these kinds of submissions when they receive them.  If we don't hear anything in the next couple of days, maybe we should raise this issue at this week's CB Livestream.  

I've always just taken just the basic storyline data mainly because it helps cut down the clutter and makes searching within that field more accurate.

so instead of this in the storyline field: #61, 2/1981: Conan: The Wizard Fiend of Zingara!, i'd just go with  The Wizard Fiend of Zingara!

Pete will have better answer for you on this one. Bring it up in the next Livestream, it's a good question to ask.