Noobie ComicBase Pro- Default opening screen view and questions

Gerald Novak

I just purchased ComicBase Pro.

When I opened the program on W10, I went into my first comic, Power Lords, entered issue #2. great. 

The rest of the comics Ive been entering with the iphone App - using that as my scanner. 

Whenever I open  Pro now, it shows the Power Lords screen. Is there a way for it to default to listing my collection?

Also, if the database doesnt have a cover for a particular issue (even though the iphone app did), is there a way to add it?

Finally, just to make sure. Entering from the iPhone is accurate, right?  and I just have to remember to go to Internet--> Check for new sales/purchases all the time, right?

("it would be nice" to link via bluetooth or LAN from my phone to the database rather than remembering to go to the main program all the time. )

Thanks for the help,

Jerry

I believe CB will open up to the last Title that was shown when it was closed.

You can modify what is displayed by using the View drop-down and selecting Items to Show. You can choose All (default), only Owned Items, or Owned Items + Regular Issues. (see attached)

Using a phone to scan items into the database, while it can be done, is a slow process. It was really designed to be down when you are away from your computer (i.e comic shop, convention, or other place to purchase items).  If you can afford it, a scanner is much easier and faster. Or you can type the Barcode (UPC) into the Find for Title name or Barcode. Or type in the Barcode when using Add by Barcode. While typing can seem slow, it is probably much faster then going through your phone.

As for the Pictures/Covers, the short answer is no. Those are the covers on Atomic Avenue (AA). Since you have the Pro Edition, you can't download covers (need at least the Archive Edition). You can scan and add your own covers. Then just need to be a .JPG file and named to make the Item # (issue). NOTE: When naming a cover scan, replace an slash ( / ) with a hyphen ( - ) as Windows won't let you name a file with a slash in it.

View.JPG

great - i scanned about 53 + comics using the iphone. When I came back to W10 and went into Internet-->check for new.... , it said it had 53 and if I wanted to add. I clicked yes. 

After a short time it errored out with a VB error .

I rebooted and tried again. Same thing

I went into Report-> Collection overview and it only shows the original one comic I added (yes, I have selected Titles I own and Items in my collection)

I go into Report--> Collection Report and it tripled up on the ones I scanned. ARRRG!!!!

One of the main reasons I purchased the PRO is so that I could enter titles using the iphone app. The web looks right, but how do I trust it?

Now what do I do?

-Hopefully as you were scanning via the iPhone that you didn't have any entries that didn't transmit properly; i can only think of having a weak signal on your phone being a possible problem as to why some items you scanned didn't show up when you tried to sync later in the main software.

-I'm curious to the VB error you got and what particular action caused it. Are you able to replicate it and take a screenshot of the error?

-for the entries that got tripled up, did you scan them in 3 times in mobile app?