Every now and then we get folks who aren't very tech savvy who need help downloading & installing the latest ComicBase program installer. Here's a easy walk-through.
1) first, head to your ComicBase Registrations page here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx
2) On the Registrations page, click on the green download button for the ComicBase version you're trying to update which will take you to Download links page (for Express Edition users, the installer will simply start downloading to your computer):
3) On the Download Links webpage, look for the ComicBase Program Installer (usually listed at the very top of the page) and click on the blue link. Some browsers will auto-download the installer file when the link is clicked on; if you're browser gives you either the 'Run' or 'Save' options, click on the 'Save' option to download the installer.
4) When the installer completely downloads, your browser may give you the option to 'Run' or 'Open' the installer; go ahead and click on it to start the installer process.
*If you don't get either of those options from your browser, manually browse to your Windows 'Downloads' folder and see if the file is there (its usually the newest thing added to the folder if you sort the files in the Downloads folder by date). Once you located the installer just double-click on it to start it up.
5) As you start up the installer, this window will present itself. Don't worry about the setup path highlighted in blue. Just apply the Check-mark for the "I agree to the License and Terms" option then press the Install button
6) Windows will usually bring up this window next, simply click on the Yes button
7) The installation process will continue you on. If this window pops-up, simply click on the first option pictured below and click the OK button to continue installation.
Finally, when installation is complete, you see this window. At this point hit the Finish button and you can startup ComicBase again and program will be fully updated.
Edited by Mark J. Castaneda