Ronin Book II

Frank Miller's Ronin Book II #3 & #4 have issues listed that I am unable to verify anywhere including FrankMillerPresents.com

#3 in CB indicates that there is a 1:25 retail incentive cover as well as a 1:50 signed retail incentive cover but I can't find evidence of these.  #3 does have a Frank Miller cover and on the first two issues, his covers were retailer incentives but I'm guessing that the abysmal sales had them change the plan for the remaining books in the series.  I suggest that #3-A be the Frank Miller cover with no incentive notation and the #3-B be removed. 

#4 is closer with the Miller cover (#4-B) not being listed as an incentive.  #4-C is supposed to be a signed incentive but again, no indication that it might actually exist as such. 

I feel like most the the Frank Miller Presents books have had problems in CB.  I don't know if they're solicited with UPCs that get changed or what but I think I have run into problems entering Ancient Enemies and Pandora as well.  Nothing serious, it all likely stems from the publisher, but I am curious if anyone else has picked up on this.  My memory isn't what it used to be. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

#3 in CB indicates that there is a 1:25 retail incentive cover as well as a 1:50 signed retail incentive cover but I can't find evidence of these.  #3 does have a Frank Miller cover and on the first two issues, his covers were retailer incentives but I'm guessing that the abysmal sales had them change the plan for the remaining books in the series.  I suggest that #3-A be the Frank Miller cover with no incentive notation and the #3-B be removed. 

#4 is closer with the Miller cover (#4-B) not being listed as an incentive.  #4-C is supposed to be a signed incentive but again, no indication that it might actually exist as such. 

• 1 month later...

#5 and #6 have signed retailer incentives but again, there is no indication (beyond what I assume was the initial solicitation) that these exist.  I'm afraid FMP overestimated the memory of collectors and with no huge push of reprints of the first series, only Mr. Miller's die hard fans really took interest.  It's a shame, the first series was mind blowing and this was a solid follow up for the first 2 books, can't say on the rest as it has been so slow to see print that even I lost interest.