Unrecognized issues and unable to add them so that CB/AA recognizes them

Stephen J. Weihman

I recently started getting an error when posting comics for sale on AA.  I get an email stating that there are unrecognized issues (see below).  The titles are:

CBLDF Defender 

CBLDF Defender (Vol. 2)

I removed the issues - and titles - from my CB database.  I then re-downloaded the latest update.  The title did not get added into my CB database.  So I re-added the title and issues, and still the same issue - not recognized.  How do I force CB update to re-add the 2 titles so I can re-add the issues into my CB database?  I even created a brand new DB, and exported the 2 titles and then imported them to my existing DB.  Same issue, always unrecognized issues.  Note that I have had these for sale for quite some time now prior, and the unrecognized stuff is new from the last couple of months.

When I go to AA, the titles are there, but I just can't get my CB to match what I add to the title that CB/AA is using.

image.png.0976f5291103f519ae4eaedf58968ec3.png

Those titles have been moved to the Magazines category.  

Multiple ways to fix this, either of the below should work for you.  Whichever on you choose, it should obviously be done in the database you are using to upload inventory to AA.  My instructions here are for the CBLDF Defender title, you will need to repeat these same instructions for the CBLDF Defender (Vol. 2) title.  

STRATEGY 1: 

1.  Do a search for CBLDF Defender. 

2.  You should see multiple "hits", one of which is CBLDF Defender in the Magazine category.  Go to the Magazine version of the title.  Delete the title.  

3.  Go the to the Comic Book version of the CBLDF Defender title.  Change the media type to Magazine.  

4.  Upload your inventory to AA.  

STRATEGY 2:

1.  Do a search for CBLDF Defender. 

2.  You should see multiple "hits", one of which is CBLDF Defender in the Magazine category.  Go to the Magazine version of the title.  Enter all of your CBLDF Defender inventory information on that title (don't forget to check the "For Sale" box where appropriate).  

3.  Go the to the Comic Book version of the CBLDF Defender title.  Change all inventory under that title to Quantity In Stock = 0.

4.  Upload your inventory to AA.  (The next time you do a content update on that database, the old Comic Book version of the title should be deleted if you have the proper settings checked off *AND* it contains no issues in stock.)