Sorted columns break multiple selection edits

Fred Slota

Here's the scenario.

I currently am using Custom Field 4 to hold some of my information I'm recording about Connected Covers.  I'm cleaning up some of my temporary notes.  I currently have a few issues with "test" in CF4.

So, I use regular (not advanced) search for Custom Field 4 contains "test", and get 11 returns - 5 issues have the single word "test", and 6 have my current entries about one of the connected covers, "6-ptych covers across Contest of Champions 1/D, 2/A, 3/B, 4/C, 5/B, 6/B".

I click the header for Custom Field 4 to sort, bringing my 5 "test" entries to the bottom of the grid.  I scroll to the first one in row 7, click the CF4 cell, scroll to the bottom of the grid and shift click on the CF4 cell.  I have now highlighted the CF4 cells of the last 5 rows.

And I press the DELTE key.  The intention being to delete the word "test" from those 5 issues.

But, what I get instead is 3 "test"s deleted, and 2 "6-ptych covers across Contest of Champions 1/D, 2/A, 3/B, 4/C, 5/B, 6/B" deleted.

When the grid was first sorted by CF4, the issue numbers were in this order: 1/D, 2/A, 3/B, 4/C, 5/B, 6/B (the  Contest of Champions) and 13/C, 13/D, 14/C, 14/D, 14/F (the 5 "test"s).

After the deletes, still sorted by CF4, the issue numbers were in this order: 4/C, 6/B, 13/D, 14/D, 14/F (the 5 with CF4 deleted), then 1/D, 2/A, 3/B, 5/B, 13/C, 14/C.

I believe this is the process that happened.

First it deleted in row 10, 14/D, and resorted.

Then it deleted in new row 9, 13/D, and resorted.

Then it deleted in new new row 8, 6/B, and resorted.

Then it deleted in new new new row 7, 4/C, and resorted.

Then is deleted in new new new new row 11, 14/F, and resorted.