Export Report

Scott J. Brown

I want to generate a report for a specific title that only displays Issue #, Qty & Custom Field 1.  In my case Custom Field 1 is Location.  I want to be able to sort by Custom Field 1 (Location).  Something so simple, yet seemingly impossible.  I hope I am just overlooking an export feature that will give me what I want. 

This isn't exactly what you want but it is close.
Go to the Title you want the report for.
(this is the easiest way but you can manually select the one title in the report if want)

Select Report->Item Checklists
Titles to Print:
Select 'Current Title'

Report Items:
Check 'Items in My Collection'

Custom Items to include:
Check 'Custom Field 1' (or Location, if that is what you named it)
Run the report.

The Report will include:
Issue #
Condition
Quantity
Cost
NM Value
Notes
Custom Field 1

55 minutes ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

This isn't exactly what you want but it is close.
Go to the Title you want the report for.
(this is the easiest way but you can manually select the one title in the report if want)

Select Report->Item Checklists
Titles to Print:
Select 'Current Title'

Report Items:
Check 'Items in My Collection'

Custom Items to include:
Check 'Custom Field 1' (or Location, if that is what you named it)
Run the report.

The Report will include:
Issue #
Condition
Quantity
Cost
NM Value
Notes
Custom Field 1

I tried that.....problem is the "custom field" is appended to the end of the line, and not at its location in visual or printed report.  Here is what the exported report I got looks like:

Qty    #    Cd    Cost    Value    Notes
1    1    $0.00    $20,200.00    1st appearance/origin of Daredevil; 1st appearance of Daredevil; 1st appearance of Battling Jack Murdock; 1st appearance of Foggy Nelson; 1st appearance of Karen Page; Death of Battling Jack Murdock; Origin of Daredevil
??</td>
1    1/ACE    $0.00    $26.00    Wizard Ace Edition Acetate Cover by J. Scott Campbell; 1st appearance of Daredevil; Origin of Daredevil
SB11</td>
1    10    $0.00    $390.00    1st Appearance of Ani-Men; 1st appearance of Ape-Man I (Gordon Monk Keefer); 1st appearance of Bird-Man I (Henry Hawk); 1st appearance of Cat-Man I (Townshend Horgan); 1st appearance of Frog-Man I (Francois LeBlanc)
Mark01</td>
1    12    $0.00    $125.00    2nd Appearance of Ka-Zar
SB70</td>
1    12    $0.00    $125.00    2nd Appearance of Ka-Zar
Mark01</td>
1    13    $0.00    $185.00    1st appearance of Anti-metal; Origin of Ka-Zar
SB70</td>
1    13    $0.00    $185.00    1st appearance of Anti-metal; Origin of Ka-Zar
Mark01</td>
1    14    $0.00    $114.00    
Mark01</td>
1    17    $0.00    $195.00    
LB14</td>
1    18    $0.00    $110.00    1st Appearance of Gladiator I (Melvin Potter); Origin of Gladiator I (Melvin Potter)
Mark01</td>
1    19    $0.00    $83.00    
SB72</td>
1    21    $0.00    $74.00    Versus Owl
Mark01</td>
1    23    $0.00    $69.00    
Mark01</td>
1    25    $0.00    $84.00    1st Appearance of Leap-Frog (Vincent Patilio); Origin of Leap-Frog (Vincent Patilio); Versus Leap-Frog

Hmm. Here is what mine looks like.

What appears to be different is the Column heading includes Custom Field 1 while yours doesn't appear to have this hading.

Also, I am not sure what the < / td > in yours are (other than HTML tags, I think) but I don't have them.

I will assume SB11, Mark01, SB70, and LB14 are the Location values.)

I just used generic A, B, C, D...  for testing.1257324701_ItemChecklist.thumb.JPG.bd4c62ba574714bddd45377652b36a11.JPG

1 minute ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

Hmm. Here is what mine looks like.

What appears to be different is the Column heading includes Custom Field 1 while yours doesn't appear to have this hading.

Also, I am not sure what the < / td > in yours are (other than HTML tags, I think) but I don't have them.

I will assume SB11, Mark01, SB70, and LB14 are the Location values.)

I just used generic A, B, C, D...  for testing.1257324701_ItemChecklist.thumb.JPG.bd4c62ba574714bddd45377652b36a11.JPG

Ours look the same except I exported to text because I need to get it into a spreadsheet so I can sort by my custom field.  

Since you mentioned spreadsheets, here is another option.

Select the cells in the grid, use CTRL+C to copy the data, then, up CTRL+V to paste it into a spreadsheet.

You can either delete the extra columns you don't want in the spreadsheet.

or

You can move the Custom Field 1 column as far to the Left as possible, cause fewer columns you don't want being copied

or

You can use the Press and Hold the CTRL key, select all the cells in the Item # column, then in the Qty Column, and finally the Custom Field 1 column. The Copy from CB and Paste to the spreadsheet (this is probably more work than just copying extra columns and deleting them in the spreadsheet but just mentioning it as an option).

PERFECT.  I just told it to only show "Owned Items".  Did a Ctrl-A and then Ctrl-C then did a Ctrl-V into the spreadsheet.  Then I just had to delete a few columns and put in a header row.  I will definitely file that trick away in the old memory banks.

Thank you very kindly!!!