Error finding and load new issues

Hi. I am having strange issues with my software while trying to scan in some recent release comics, Star Trek: Sons of Star Trek and Black Widow & Hawkeye. See pictures below. For Star Trek Sons I was typing the name in the Find box at the top of the software and it showed up as Sons of Star Trek but when I clicked it, it disappeared and now I cannot find it as a title to enter into my collection. I have tried Star Trek: Sons of Star Trek and every possible variation but it doesn't appear anymore. Same thing happened when I tried to enter Napalm, appeared as an option to enter but then it disappeared. 

I used my phone app to scan in the Star Trek issue but when I go to load it I get the error box shown below about the 'Item Not found" How can it be not found when I literally used the app to find it? This doesn't make sense. Now, as in the past when I get this NOt Found error message, when it is resolved the software then loads it into my  collection but I've already scanned multiple issues and then got the message ( so I just entered them into collection manually. So now when it reloads everything that was in queue in the phone app I will have no idea what will essentially be duplicated. Is there any function in the software where I can generate a report that shows time of when issues are entered into the collection? That would help greatly in weeding out any duplicated entries.

image.png.b2bc73d237a2dc8ab78e56e2f7809212.png

With the BlackWidow/Hawkeye, when I put the name in search box it appears but none of the General or Credits tabs contain any information about the comic issue. 

Can you please look into this and let me know what needs to be done/fixed. Do I have to reinstall the software?
image.thumb.png.54d0ef8fdc12df133d721a52f861a855.png

A couple of things you can try:

A) Press and HOLD the CTRL key when starting CB. You will get a window asking if you want to 'Recreate the database indexes?'. Click YES.

If that doesn't work then...
B) Use menu item 'File->File Tools' Rebuild Lists. You may only need 'Series Information' but it won't hurt to check all except the last one ('Picture Files List).
This will Rebuild / repopulate the various indexes.

==============

When you mention 'Duplicates' do you mean a single issue with Qty of greater than or equal to 2? Or two of the same issue number. For example, '1/A' and '1/A'?

For a 'Duplicate' by Qty, you can run a Find on Item Field of Qty in Stock which is Greater Then or Equal to 2.
or there is an Items Field 'Last Date of Qty Change' you can try using.

If you have the Pro or Archive Edition, for the 'Duplicate' by issue number you can use this Advanced Find:

I.Title || I.ItemNumber IN (
(SELECT A.Title || A.ItemNumber
FROM ComicIssues A
WHERE I.Title = A.Title and I.ItemNumber = A.ItemNumber
GROUP BY A.Title, A.ItemNumber
HAVING COUNT(*) > 1
)
)

NOTE: If you have Duplicates you created on purpose (i.e. 2 issues with different Conditions and or Prices), those will show up in the list of Duplicates, also.
PS This will just find Duplicates for 'Comic Book' Types. For other types:
Change 'From ComicIssues A' to 'From Books A'
Change 'From ComicIssues A' to 'FROM Magazines A'
Change 'From ComicIssues A' to 'FROM Newspapers A'

Steven, I did as you suggested and nothing changed so I removed the program and then reloaded it and that seems to have fixed the issues. But I would like to elaborate on the duplicate problem that always occurs when I get error messages when trying to load new purchases from my phone app into the software. On many occasions when I use the Check for Sales and Purchases function I get an error message that says something like, "Issue not found". Once I get that message I am unable to load any issues from the batch that I had just scanned in. For example if I scanned 10 buys on my app and then when trying to load them I get that message, none of the 10 buys (or any other subsequent buys) goes into the software. And eventually when I email you or reload the software the function works but of course by that time I have manually entered all those 10 buys into the software ( I don't have hours every time this error happens to resolve it so I leave the error there until I do have time, most often during the weekends) and so those 10 issues are now duplicated in the software - program shows I have two copies of them instead of one. This would be an easy fix if there was a report in the software that lists out all the most recent issues added. That way I could simply go through that list and make sure only one issue resides in the software. Does such a report exist and if so where? IF not do you plan on adding this functionality in in the future? Also, in the past when I used the Check for Sales and Purchases function it would tell me exactly how many issues were loaded but now it doesn't. I simply hear a bell that indicates the load was done. Why was that bit of useful information removed from the function? At least if I knew how many issues get loaded I would have a target of how many duplicates I needed to find and remove. All of this just makes it hard for me to feel confident that the software has all my purchases in correctly,

Well, thank you for hearing me out. I look forward to your response.

Using Advanced Find, you can paste one of the following in the WHERE box.

NOTE: The Date is in 'yyyy-mm-dd' format. Change it to the day you are looking for.

To find any issues Greater Than or Equal to a date with a Qty of 2 or more, you can try:

I.[QtyInStock] >= 2 AND I.[LastQtyChangeDate] >= '2024-01-01'

Or to find any issues BETWEEN two dates with a QTY of 2 or more, you can try:

I.[QtyInStock] >= 2 AND I.[LastQtyChangeDate] BETWEEN '2024-01-01' AND '2024-03-23'

Or to find any issues for an exact date with a QTY of 2 or more, you can try:

I.[QtyInStock] >= 2 AND I.[LastQtyChangeDate] = '2024-01-23'

Again, you will have to change the Dates for what you are looking for.

PS There is a column of LastQtyChangeDate you can use Setup->Columns to Display to show it, if you like.