Confused by versioning

Jim Lorrig

Okay, I can buy into that I'm not on the most current version but why isn't apparent that the new version is V22.0.1.1613?  Based on the display, it looks like I'd be going to an earlier version.  Nothing further needs to be done--I'll upgrade.  

Let's start with V22.0.0.1557.
When enough changes (or some other milestone) happens, HC will increment the 3rd number by 1 (but the 4th number doesn't get reset to 0 (this is the build number). It goes...
To     : V22.0.1.1560 (just using the build number for an example)

The significance of the 1 (the 3rd position) is that it is an official build.
Looking at the CB website, in the ComicBase Info box (see attached), it lists both the Official version (currently V22.0.1) and the Interim Build (currently V22.09.1.1613).

Also, in CB, in Preferences, if you do NOT have the 'Check for Interim Updates' checked, you will only be notified about an available update when the 3rd number changes (the official Build).
If you DO have the' Check for Interim Updates' checked, you will be notified about an available update when the 4th number changes (build number).

builds.JPG

I don't know if I'm late to the party. but I think what the original poster is trying to point out in his graphic is that, while the window is announcing that "An update to version 22.0.1 is available", the section that is describing all the nifty new features appears to be describing the features of "ComicBase 2021 v21.0.1"