Suggestion. Reports by Publishers

Option to Run reports by Publishers  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would being able to run a Report by publishers be a great addition/option in CB?

• YES
    • NO

If a Quick Report will work for you, you can do an Advanced Find for Publisher (one or more) and use Quick Report on the results.

If you have to use one of the 'canned' reports

For Collection Report, Item Checklists, Price List, and Wanted Lists you can find the issues by Publisher, Mark all of them and select 'List only Marked Issues'.

For all reports, you can choose Selected Series, click on Publisher to order by Publisher, click the first title for a publisher, scroll down to the last title for that publisher, press and hold SHIFT then click on that last title.

NOTE: None of these would be as easy as a dedicated set of Publisher reports. I am only trying to supply ways to get what you are looking for until this can be evaluated (and incorporated into CB?).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

If a Quick Report will work for you, you can do an Advanced Find for Publisher (one or more) and use Quick Report on the results.

If you have to use one of the 'canned' reports

For Collection Report, Item Checklists, Price List, and Wanted Lists you can find the issues by Publisher, Mark all of them, and select 'List only Marked Issues'.

For all reports, you can choose Selected Series, click on Publisher to order by Publisher, click the first title for a publisher, scroll down to the last title for that publisher, press and hold SHIFT then click on that last title.

NOTE: None of these would be as easy as a dedicated set of Publisher reports. I am only trying to supply ways to get what you are looking for until this can be evaluated (and incorporated into CB?).

Thanks, for those workarounds, as I did start doing it that way. Just wanted to add a suggestion for future editions that may have been thought of but not implemented. Hopefully being able to run report parameters could be implemented to allow better tracking, filing, and separation based on publisher and not just comic title.

In the early stages of my having CB, I took the time (I was bored) to run the reports based on Comic Titles. Then I would notate on the PDF the draw location of that collection. At least then, I could store each PDF under Marvel, DC, or Indie and merge those files. That got old fast as a solution for ongoing tracking, retriveal, and storage maintenance.