Lables Dates, Barcode and Barcode Nomenclature.

Right now, the Labels show you most of what you see on screen for the title i.e. Title, Variation, and Condition. Would be great to be able to print the pub date as well and as seen on the screen. 

Also right now I'm printing two labels because,Capture.JPG.c944ec273e3cb3bbed6438c1b954ee88.JPG for some reason no matter what I do, my barcode scanner scans in the comics with no problem but when I go to print the label, the scanner won't scan the barcode the system created so I manually type in the system created 9 digit nomenclature under the barcode that comes in the identification Label. So is there a way to have the label print out the first suggestion (date) along with Price, Bacrodes with Nomenclature, and for the sake of room Storylines or writers and artists if Bacrodes with Nomenclature is selected? 

Right now i'm taking the non-picture price list barcode with the storyline and writers and artists label and placing it on the to back and the Identification Label with Cover Pic and barcodes with nomenclature on the back bottom of my bagged and boarded book. But would prefer to have just one. If i can ever figure out the scanner issue I would stick with the Price one (with the added date feature. 

20230710_170511.jpg.png

46 minutes ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

does your scanner have the 'CODABAR' type programmed in to read those label barcodes?

*if you're using our current model scanners, it should be mentioned on the setup sheet. Here's a link to setup sheets if you need it: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Products/barcodesetup.aspx

I have the wired-with-stand version from you all from a few years back.  On the bottom, it says XL-626A. Thanks

Have a trade-in and Up option? 🙂

Edited by Ronald Lashley

On 7/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, Mark J. Castaneda said:

if you still have the original manual it came with, see if there's a 'CODABAR' code you can program in.

I do not have the oroiginal that came with it. I went to the site and printed out the one listed there chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.comicbase.com/Support/CB_DX_Laser_Scanner_Setup.pdf 
Now when i even type in the B#######D code it tells me "No Results Found". Not one of them is working. So now i fear none of the Barcode along with the numenclatures work. It is now not even scanning in the comics barcode.  This is #FUBAR

Edited by Ronald Lashley

Update. I looked at the order and even though it said 

Upgrade to ComicBase Archive + DX Laser Barcode Scanner  11/27/2017

My laser I think is actually the DX Laser Mark 2 Model. The DX ones aren't usb and mine is.  So I downloaded

https://www.comicbase.com/Support/Easy_Setup_Guide_CB_DX_Laser_Mk_2.pdf

Used the reset then tried the Easy Setup. Still not working. So reset and tried the Expert and still not working. 

Unistalled the CB2023 Archive and reinstalled it and the scanner Easy Setup and still no dice. Its not even finding the barcodes on the comics. Its transmitting all the digits as i see it in the Find screen but still coming up with 

Wonder if the scanner is the problem...

Are you able to launch a basic Word or Text document, grab a few comics and test scan multiple times? The goal is to test whether the scanner is picking up all digits every time you scan. If its inconsistent then the scanner could be on its last legs and needs to be replaced.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:14 AM, Mark J. Castaneda said:

Wonder if the scanner is the problem...

Are you able to launch a basic Word or Text document, grab a few comics and test scan multiple times? The goal is to test whether the scanner is picking up all digits every time you scan. If its inconsistent then the scanner could be on its last legs and needs to be replaced.

Yes i am able to do that. I am now able to scan in barcodes from comics but still unable to scan in the barcodes CB creates. 

On 7/21/2023 at 4:11 PM, Ronald Lashley said:

Yes i am able to do that. I am now able to scan in barcodes from comics but still unable to scan in the barcodes CB creates. 

I should have asked earlier... you got the most up-to-date build for the CB2023 software? If not, download/install the revised CB2023 program installer from your online account here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

create a fresh label afterwards and see if it will scan. Hopefully that works for you.

If not, contact our support team directly at support@comicbase.com. Take a photo of the model scanner so they have any idea which one you got so they can help you further.

2 hours ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

I should have asked earlier... you got the most up-to-date build for the CB2023 software? If not, download/install the revised CB2023 program installer from your online account here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

create a fresh label afterwards and see if it will scan. Hopefully that works for you.

If not, contact our support team directly at support@comicbase.com. Take a photo of the model scanner so they have any idea which one you got so they can help you further.

Yes. I have tried that the few times above that i mentioned when reinstalling CB2023

• 2 months later...

Thanks, sorry, I'm just now seeing this one. I guess I'll need to upgrade what I have. One last thing on this topic... When you right-click on a title you have the option of Print Price Labels and Identification Labels. Is there a way to set defaults for both of them? It falls in line with the above. No matter which one I click I have to change. I print two labels, one with just the barcode and the other with the comic information and pic like the above. 

Edited by Ronald Lashley
typo's

On 9/30/2023 at 8:12 PM, Ronald Lashley said:

Thanks, sorry, I'm just now seeing this one. I guess I'll need to upgrade what I have. One last thing on this topic... When you right-click on a title you have the option of Print Price Labels and Identification Labels. Is there a way to set defaults for both of them? It falls in line with the above. No matter which one I click I have to change. I print two labels, one with just the barcode and the other with the comic information and pic like the above. 

Question, are you using our newly release CB2024? If not, you can download/install it from your online account here (f you have active subscription). https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

It's been awhile since i've had to print labels, i thought once you set particular options that CB would remember them the next time you printed labels again. Is that not the case?