"Item Not Found" message when I try Check for Sale and Purchases function

Wellington Chin

Hello, I scanned in three new comics on my phone app but when I try to load them onto ComicBase on my computer I get this message: Original Item Not Found: Media: 1, Title=Transformers (Image) item number =1/B

How do I correct this? The other two titles didn't load either. This has happened quite often when using the phone app and causes me a lot of grief. What is the cause of this and how can I prevent something like this from happening again?

Thank you.

A few things to check...

-Make sure you've downloaded and installed that latest version of ComicBase to your computer here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

-Make sure your database file loaded into the main ComicBase software is updated with the latest weekly content update (internet menu>check for updates).

-We noticed when checking your account, it looks like you have 4 different database files linked to your online Profile/ComicBase mobile app. This could be the problem as you may have the wrong database selected in the app compared to what you got loaded into the main CB software.

You can view what database files you have currently linked under the 'Known Databases' section with this link:

https://www.comicbase.com/mycb//Profile.aspx

Feel free to remove any database you don't use to avoid confusion.

-When using the mobile app, make sure you've got the desired database file selected when scanning in items. You'll want to do the same when you launch the software so your additions get synced properly.

If you still have trouble, please email our support team directly at support@comicbase.com

I've downloaded and installed the latest version and deleted all the databases as you suggested and still could not get the comics I scanned with my app to load. I then deleted the comicbase program and tried to reinstall it but now I get the below error message when trying to install it. What can I do next to get this corrected and the program to work properly?

Thanks!

image.png.9938c38d4c1f9e59cbddb3352db84c96.png

Looks like some files aren't being found as you do the installing. This is a sign of a past/incomplete installation

Go into your Windows Settings (App list) and uninstall all instances you see of ComicBase. The idea here is to get you into a fresh state with no versions of CB installed.

Lastly, re-run the CB2024 installer and see if you have better luck completing. If you still have trouble, please give our support team a call at 408-266-6883