List of Comics want list

I emailed this suggestion to support but thought I'd post here to see if anyone else has the same issue/desire.

I collect Amazing Spider-man and due to the modern day trend that society will not jump on a long running title with a "big" number, publishers decided to create new volumes/series with new numbering.  ASM has Volume 1,2, Series 3,4,5,6, Superior Spider-Man (V1) and ASM: Renew your vows all in its legacy numbering scheme.  Therefore, to create a want list (Items Checklist) I must select those titles each time I want to create an updated list.  I think it would be very convenient if a user could create a list of titles and be able to select that title grouping to get all the titles instead of having to individually select them each time.

Some may find it convenient to have multiple title lists such as a Batman group, Superman, Thor, etc.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

• 2 weeks later...

While this is being evaluated, There is a possible work-around for up to 3 sets of titles.
The idea is to use the Custom Check boxes at the Title level to allow finding all the titles of a set (you define). Only having 3 Title level Custom Check boxes will limit the usefulness of this method.

To do this:
A) Go to each Title you want in a list and check a Custom Check Box (make sure to Check the same Box (1, 2, or 3) to ensure all the titles are in the same 'list'.
This can be done a couple of ways with the easist being using the Title window (CTRL+T), Type in the title name (partial name is fine), then with the title hi-lighted, click on the Modify button.
Repeat for each title.

NOTE: You can use Setup->Custom Fields to rename the Custom Field to a name like 'Spider-Man' to help keep the (up-to) 3 lists separate.

B) Run a Find for Title Fields Custom Check 1 (or whichever one you used or renamed).

C) Select all the rows (CTRL+A).

D) Right-click to bring up the pop-up menu and select Report Selected Titles As-> <type of report>

At this point the report selected window should be displayed with all the Titles in the list selected. You can select the Report options you need from this point.

This is not as good as having a larger (or unlimited) set of lists as you are suggestion but is should work for what you want.

I am trying your method and it is not working, so I assume I am doing it wrong.

I have done a CNTL-T, highlighted and hit modify.  I then checked Custom Check 1.  I then ran a find on My Comics, "Custom Check 1" "is checked"  and no results are found.

What am I doing wrong?  I have included some screen shot.

BTW.  Thanks for the possible work around

Find.png

SSM.png

No Results.png

ASM.png