Super Sets

Fred Slota

I'll start with a question... How are sets implemented in the database structure?  Is there a hidden field in I table with set names or keys separated by ';' (since an issue can belong to more than one set)?  Is there a set table?  A table for each set?

A couple of set thoughts...

• The ability to add a custom set order, or to have a custom set sequence number.  This would facilitate using sets to recreate Legacy ordering, or DC triangle ordering, or important storyline ordering.
  • The ability to export and import sets, allowing the sharing of custom sets between users.  Not sales or purchases, but the data structure/issue membership in a given set.
  • The ability to search on Set membership field, so as to find items inside or outside of sets with certain qualities.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a hidden field in I table with set names or keys separated by ';' (since an issue can belong to more than one set)? 

(Sorry. Meant to reply to this sooner but I got busy and forgot about it...)

A Field used with Sets is SetID. There are others (i.e. one that has the Set Description name but I don't know it/them).

An Issue can only belong to one set. If you try to add issues already in a set, it will let you but it is deleted from the old set. (i.e the SetID changes to the new set number). (Side Note: Should there be a warning when adding an item to a set when it already exists in another set?)

SetID is a Number that is automatically incremented. The first set created would be 1, the second 2. If Set 1 is disbanded, the next set would be 3. There is no way to know what number refers to what set (beyond 'random' searches for numbers to find a particular set of issues (well, I guess you can look for a SetID and (record the number but that would be a lot of work)).