NAS Installation

Derek S. Putnam

Hello everyone. Here are some firsts for me (including starting a topic/question).

I am setting up a home network attached storage (nas) system using a Synology NAS DiskStation DS220+ model with dual 10TB drives. Yeah, wish me luck. ๐Ÿ™‚

My question here is can Comicbase be completely installed to the NAS and run only from the linked app icon on the pc/laptop?

Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere but I couldn't find anything except the topic about using cloud drives (onedrive, etc).

I don't recall reading about anyone trying this before (they may have but just never mentioned it).

You can definitely place all the Pictures and Media on the NAS. For the Archive Edition, this takes up the most space.
You can locate the actual database file on the NAS.
As for the actual executables, during the installation process, there is a path for the location of the install. But I am not sure if parts would be installed in normal Windows locations (some of which are Windows 'hidden' folder) on your C drive.

Consider that A) the actual executables don't take up much space and B) HC doesn't have a problem with installing CB on two computers (think desktop/Laptop but I am not sure if they have a limit on how many other computers or not).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steven. Thanks for your post. I have everything on the NAS except the windows files (as you stated). It does seem slower but I think that's my network. Also, sometimes the images don't show. I'm not sure if that's because I installed the thumbnails first and then pulled the 4 full images files down and installed those. It doesn't seem to update to the large pic for everything. Just a small point, doesn't really stop the program. ๐Ÿ™‚ย  Thanks again.