New items scanned via mobile app not found.

Graham Mann

Recently installed Comicbase on a new PC and the system is not discovering any items scanned with the mobile app.  

I've reinstalled the app and confirmed my login.  Sidekick seemed to recognize 36 new items, but when I launched Comicbase and scanned for new purchases they weren't there, and they hadn't been imported. 

I still have Comicbase installed on the old PC as well and it's not recognizing any new purchases either.  

Any thoughts?

you got many databases by the same name linked to your account which is confusing our system. Would suggest going into your online profile page here, glance down towards the Known Databases section of the page and removing ALL databases you currently linked to your profile: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/profile.aspx

Next, make sure you're using the most up to date version of CB2023 (v23.2.2.2682). Download/install it from your online account here: https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

Lastly, launch CB2023 and load in the database you wish to associate with CB mobile app. Go to the File Menu>Collection Statistics-this will give you the db's overall stats AND link it to your online profile/mobile app. Going forward, you should then be adding comics through the mobile app to that database.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mark, 

That solved a few issues. I'm now getting the following error:

"Unable to clear temporary tables. Make sure database is not in use:   "

I had CB installed on another PC and that's since been uninstalled along with Sidekick. Still getting this issue. Any thoughts?

you got to be careful when using more than one computer. You need to make sure you're using the exact same database file with the same Database ID number for the mobile app to show you accurate stats.

Go back to my original reply and do what i stated there (There's also a new version of CB2023 that you might as well download/install).