Jump to content

Adam Sternberg

Members
  • Posts

    114
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    5

Adam Sternberg last won the day on March 26

Adam Sternberg had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

1,923 profile views

Adam Sternberg's Achievements

Enthusiast

Enthusiast (6/14)

  • Reacting Well Rare
  • Conversation Starter
  • First Post
  • Collaborator Rare

Recent Badges

7

Reputation

  1. Yes, I can see the exported data (in both a text editor and a spreadsheet), and nothing looked out of the ordinary. For what it's worth, I did try to limit the export to "personal" data, such as custom field, qty in stock, wanted, grade, etc.
  2. No bueno. Not only did the rebuild not help, but exporting into a brand-new database didn't either. I exported only a few fields (see list below), rebuilt all lists except for pictures, and updated content on the new database alone using Sidekick: Title Item # Condition Qty In Stock Custom Field 1 Notes Wanted Price Cost One thing to note is that I cheated a bit with Sidekick: I exported from the old database called "Database", created the new database called "New Database", imported into New Database, renamed "New Database" to "Database", and updated content in Database using Sidekick. I'm not sure whether Sidekick works under the covers using file pointers (that would follow a rename) or it would use the filename.
  3. @Mark J. Castaneda, The update just now finished running in Sidekick, and I was watching it. I have good news, good news, and bad news. Updates to two of my databases were clean, but the third one still showed the error at the top of Sidekick. That database ID is 236c2c0a-0dff-44ba-bbd9-362efc0937fe. I'm pretty sure I'd done so, but I can try a full Rebuild Lists on it one more time; otherwise, I'm thinking there may be some corruption in that database?
  4. (Sorry for the delay; I never got a notification of the question) The database in the screenshot is ComicBase DataBase (ID 0c49f7e9-d113-40f7-8162-b54d5ce112ab)
  5. I agree in general, but in this case (if it's what I'm thinking of), "El Dorado" is a proper name, in that it's the title of the movie this comic adapts.
  6. Thanks for the info, Gregory. I was unaware of the combined title set up, and actually discovered the issue (pun intended) when my homegrown hole finder logged Red Lanterns as missing. I'll have to put some thought into the implications. My main question for @Mark J. Castaneda at this point is which is the preferable entry to use, the combined or the GL issue?
  7. I save to cloud every Monday night, so the last backup would have been March 11. Anything specific i should say or reference in the email?
  8. Apologies if this has been brought up before, but how should this book be handled in the database? Red Lanterns 28 is the flipside of Green Lantern (5th Series) 28 https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/item/1131099/1/Green-Lantern-5th-Series-28. On the one hand, it screws up the Red Lantern series numbering to leave it out (especially for any kind of automated hole processing), but on the other, I don't want to get 'double credit" on book value. Any thoughts?
  9. I've been seeing some issues with Sidekick running a weekly content update. I've got three databases that get updated, but I've been regularly seeing this problem: After it occurred last week, I updated the program to the latest available version (v24.0.0.1158) and made sure to rebuild lists (including artists, storylines, etc.), but it appeared again tonight. Any suggestions?
  10. If you modify the search to only look for Qty in stock > 0, that should help filter out most everything but what was scanned in.
  11. There are two titles in the database for this title Amazing Spider-Man: Gang War First Strike (https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/TitleDetail.aspx?TitleID=82987&M=1) Amazing Spider-Man, The: Gang War: First Strike (https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/TitleDetail.aspx?TitleID=83024&M=1) According to the indicia, the first title (without the ', The') is the correct one, even though the second one has the cover pictures.
  12. I was having trouble submitting changes last night, but it was good today, so I think @Steven L. Dasinger is right; this sounds very much like a "server unavailable due to maintenance" kind of issue.
  13. Apologies if this has been brought up before (I didn't see anything with a quick search and I'm behind by a few weeks on livestreams), but why is there non-consecutive numbering on issues that just came out. For example, Blue Beetle (7th series) had the issues just out this week as 2/A, 2/C, and 2/D and no 2/B (which I guess answers Hamlet's question... 😁) The picture below illustrates what I'm referring to (the UPCs match, meaning there is 76194138175600211, 76194138175600231, and 76194138175600241, but not 76194138175600221). If there's a reason, I'd like to know. I guess I can live with it, but it's killing my OCD. Much obliged.
  14. You're timing is fantastic! I was about to ask the same thing.
×
×
  • Create New...