Printed Barcode Labels both Pricing and ID

Ronald Lashley

I'm using the USB scanner purchased from you all and I am at the stage of printing out certain labels for my collection. After i scan the comic in and enter it into the database, when I right click on the comic and go to print out either the Pricing or ID label and go to scan it to see if it works, It does not take me to the comic in my database. I am running the 2022 Archive Edition and it is up to date. I've logged out and back in and attempted to scan the bar code and it just takes me to random locations. I'm using a Dymo LabelWriter Duo to print the labels. What am I doing wrong? 

Hey all. Thanks for the input.

1 I have the DX Laser Barcode Scanner purchased from ComicBase in 2017. it scans in and enters most of what I have (except it wouldn't scan in my Michael Turner Fathom V3 collection. 

2. What I have found is that it will scan in the label from the comic into the DBase  and find the comic and will print the label for my B&B (both the price and id labels) with the cursor in the "Find" box it will not find them. 

3. However it does recognize and find them if hit Ctrl + I and scan the label from the Barcode label printout. It will take me directly to the comic. So it is clearly recognizing the label it created. Just not in the Find field. It will stay in whatever comic series I last pre-viewed.

The Find field is set to the default which is "Title name or barcode" For example, if I do Ctrl + I and type in the barcode number (say 3780273) it will take me directly to Uncanny X-Men, The Anl 14 but if I type in the same in the Find Field it does not take me to the title.  Could it have something to do with "Insert Unicode control character" in the Find field? 

Not sure if this will help but...

Click on Find next to the Find Box at the top of the window.

Select Publisher (or any of the others that are not Title name or barcode.

Then, Click on the same Find and select Title name or barcode.

Sometimes CB gets 'confused' in what it is looking for in the Find box and this will reset it.

15 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

Not sure if this will help but...

Click on Find next to the Find Box at the top of the window.

Select Publisher (or any of the others that are not Title name or barcode.

Then, Click on the same Find and select Title name or barcode.

Sometimes CB gets 'confused' in what it is looking for in the Find box and this will reset it.

Sorry Steve this didn't do change anything as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, i will give this a try.

Tonight I'm attempting to get the app to upload my newly created segmented "wanted list" that does show up on my online account but for some reason, the app only wants to show the Collection Overview-ComicBooks (auto) report. Trying to sort this out before I go hunting at the ECCC tomorrow. I'm going to try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it now. 

image.thumb.png.2d14f9405b78ac883f033ff1218af74f.png