Red Lanterns 28 / Green Lantern (5th Series) 28

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but how should this book be handled in the database?  Red Lanterns 28 is the flipside of Green Lantern (5th Series) 28 https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/item/1131099/1/Green-Lantern-5th-Series-28.  On the one hand, it screws up the Red Lantern series numbering to leave it out (especially for any kind of automated hole processing), but on the other, I don't want to get 'double credit" on book value.  Any thoughts?

Actually, this book is already double-listed in the database.  There is a note under the Red Lanterns title that "Issue #28 listed under the title Green Lantern/Red Lanterns #28".  And, indeed, there is a title Green Lantern/Red Lanterns in the database dedicated to handling this flipbook issue (it also contains a title note indicating "Serves as issue #28 for both Green Lantern (5th Series) & Red Lanterns".  

But there is also apparently a listing for Green Lantern (5th series) #28 even though there is a title note for Green Lantern (5th series) stating that "Issue #28 listed under the title Green Lantern/Red Lanterns #28".  So it looks like Green Lantern (5th series) issue #28 should be deleted.  

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a way to handle this type of situation that would satisfy automated "collection hole" finders *and* not double count the flipbook issue.  

Now that this topic has been brought up, is there any chance that we can set up an Eternal Warrior/Archer & Armstrong title to handle the similar flipbook situation there for EW #26 and A&A #26?  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:40 PM, Gregory Hecht said:

Now that this topic has been brought up, is there any chance that we can set up an Eternal Warrior/Archer & Armstrong title to handle the similar flipbook situation there for EW #26 and A&A #26?  

@Mark J. Castaneda  Any updates on this?  Eternal Warrior #26 and Archer & Armstrong #26 is exactly the same type of situation as Green Lantern #28 and Red Lanterns #28.  Thanks!

On 3/10/2024 at 5:40 PM, Gregory Hecht said:

Actually, this book is already double-listed in the database.  There is a note under the Red Lanterns title that "Issue #28 listed under the title Green Lantern/Red Lanterns #28".  And, indeed, there is a title Green Lantern/Red Lanterns in the database dedicated to handling this flipbook issue (it also contains a title note indicating "Serves as issue #28 for both Green Lantern (5th Series) & Red Lanterns".  

But there is also apparently a listing for Green Lantern (5th series) #28 even though there is a title note for Green Lantern (5th series) stating that "Issue #28 listed under the title Green Lantern/Red Lanterns #28".  So it looks like Green Lantern (5th series) issue #28 should be deleted.  

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is a way to handle this type of situation that would satisfy automated "collection hole" finders *and* not double count the flipbook issue.  

Thanks for the info, Gregory.  I was unaware of the combined title set up, and actually discovered the issue (pun intended) when my homegrown hole finder logged Red Lanterns as missing.  I'll have to put some thought into the implications.

My main question for @Mark J. Castaneda at this point is which is the preferable entry to use, the combined or the GL issue?

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Gregory Hecht said:

Bumping this thread b/c A&A @26 and EW #26 are both still listed in the database as separate issues.  These are a flipbook and should be handled in the same way as RL #28/GL #28.    @Mark J. Castaneda @Peter Bickford

I don't have access to a copy... what's the indicia state the title name as? If you could be so kind, can you send an user submission through the software so our editorial team can add it to our master. Thanks.

The indicia, which is only on the Eternal Warrior side of the comic, states "Eternal Warrior Vol. 1 No. 26 & Archer & Armstrong".  There is no issue number in the indicia following "Archer & Armstrong", but both covers (front and backside flip) are marked as issue #26.  There is a note on the first page of the A&A story that the EW story should be read first.  

I will work on getting the submission in.  I'll title it exactly as the quoted indicia above unless you instruct me otherwise.