"Find" dialogue not loading all instances of search term

Timothy S. Kilbreath

Hi. I just updated to ComicBase 23.0.0.1957. I am using the FIND dialogue box at the top of the ComicBase screen to search for Spider-Man. The search results only gave me through Spider-Man: City at War and won't load anymore Spider-Man titles. I'm actually looking for Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man from around the 70's, but I cannot find that either, so I was wanting to scroll through the Spider-Man titles.  Any ideas?

Tim Kilbreath

image.png.f1d1255a2120bbbd467535d618093d48.png

The suggestion limited in the number of suggestions. It puts the most likely matches first (note they all begin with 'Spider-Man').

Another way you can to this to get a complete list is to do a Find (click the little magnifying glass to right of the box).

Then use either the Item Fields or Series Field and select Title (Item Field will return all issues in the Titles it finds with Series Field will return just the Title names).

How you search is up to you, but if you are not sure of a name, I would suggest 'Contains' the type in what you are looking for. In your example, that would be 'Spider-Man'. Or you can try 'Parker' or 'Peter Parker'.

That first Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man series is just Spectacular Spider-Man  in the indicia for the first 48 issues, despite what it says on the cover. So the key words in this case are Spectacular Spider-Man. Searching for that will get you the '70s series.

Perhaps "Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man" should be in the new Item Title field to aid with search results. I'm not sure if that's the intent of that field, though.

2 hours ago, Randall J. Paske said:

Perhaps "Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man" should be in the new Item Title field to aid with search results. I'm not sure if that's the intent of that field, though.

I agree!  And, yes, my understanding is that is indeed the intent of that new field.  

I am not so sure that is how Item Title is meant to be used.

I think it is mainly for individual issues who's Title name on the cover doesn't match what the CB Title is. Usually in an Anthology type series. See 'Four Color Comics' (1st and 2nd series), maybe Classics Illustrated, Eclipse Graphic Album Series, etc.

I don't think its intent for when Titles changes name.

But, I could be wrong.

I am sure the editors will respond with guidance.