Timeless (Marvel) vs. Timeless 2022

Fred Slota

17 hours ago, Fred Slota said:

Doubly so since "Timeless (Marvel)" was published in 2022, while "Timeless 2022" has a Cover Date of 2/1/2023...

Well, oddities like that can happen because, as I'm sure we all know, cover dates and on-sale dates can differ by 2-3 months.  Holiday specials, for example, can have different years in their title and their cover date as stated in the indicia.  

Yeah, it can happen.  Oddity doesn't  mean wrong.

In this case, something just feels weird.  Most of the time publishers use years as part of their title designations, the year features prominently on the cover.  And most of the time CB generates unique CB Titles, they get differentiated by appending a publisher or series number, not a year.  The additional clashes with publication years and cover dates weren't brought up as persuasive, but just as extra flavors of weirdness.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mark J. Castaneda  I've had a chance to check the indicia for the Timeless 2022 title, and it simply states "Timeless No. 1".  It doesn't say "2022" or "volume 2" or any other qualifier. 

This title should be renamed to something like Timeless (2nd series) or Timeless (2nd one-shot).   [I recommend against Timeless (2022) or Timeless (2023) given the fact that the street date is 2022 and the indicia date is 2023.]  

IMG_5075.JPG

... and given the standard practice of Comicbase is to use "(nth Series)"

... and given that the first series, entered as "Timeless (Marvel)" was already published in 2022, so wouldn't help to clarify the situation.

Given that the first series, "Timeless (Marvel)" already had the qualifier "(Marvel)", shouldn't the proper title be "Timeless (Marvel, 2nd Series)"?