Superman '78: The Metal Curtain #4B variant - double cover?

Posted (edited)

I noticed my copy of this variant is a "double cover": the Cardstock variant by Steve Epting is stapled over the regular Cover A by Gavin Guidry and Jordie Bellaire.   Can anyone confirm if this is normal for the print run or if it's unique?  If it's unique, any suggestions on how I should enter it? Thanks!

Edited by Margaret Walsh
additional question.

17 hours ago, Margaret Walsh said:

I noticed my copy of this variant is a "double cover": the Cardstock variant by Steve Epting is stapled over the regular Cover A by Gavin Guidry and Jordie Bellaire.   Can anyone confirm if this is normal for the print run or if it's unique?  If it's unique, any suggestions on how I should enter it? Thanks!

I'd do some searching on Google or eBay to confirm there are more double-cover editions of this issue. Could be intentional or an error run of the issue.

18 hours ago, Margaret Walsh said:

Comics.org suggests that this is normal for the print run:  "Cardstock variant cover over base issue cover."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

Maybe the source you bought the issue from may have some information for the double-cover.

I preordered it via DCBS so I was going off of the DC Connect description when it was solicited 4 (?) months ago.

32 minutes ago, Gregory Hecht said:

Comics.org suggests that this is normal for the print run:  "Cardstock variant cover over base issue cover."  

Thanks! When I tried a Google search and then looked at online retailers and eBay, I didn't see any clues. I'll try to bookmark the site you mentioned.