CB Mobile crashes during launch

Gregory Hecht

I have recently started to encounter a problem where my ComicBase Mobile app will not open properly.  I get the opening load screen and that hangs there for a time, and then crashes.  

I tried rebooting the phone as well as deleting and then re-downloading the app.  

I am running iOS 13.5.1 on an iPhone XS Max.  

Hard to say: The app hasn't been changed for quite a while, and continues to run fine on the iOS devices I have in here (iPad, older iPhone) to test with.

If this is a crash related to a specific report, I'd suspect memory, but if it's crashing just upon login/displaying the main screen,  it'd seem to be a phone-related issue (unless other folks with the same config are also hitting this, meaning that it might be related to a system update of some sort)

-Pete

5 hours ago, Peter R. Bickford said:

Hard to say: The app hasn't been changed for quite a while, and continues to run fine on the iOS devices I have in here (iPad, older iPhone) to test with.

If this is a crash related to a specific report, I'd suspect memory, but if it's crashing just upon login/displaying the main screen,  it'd seem to be a phone-related issue (unless other folks with the same config are also hitting this, meaning that it might be related to a system update of some sort)

-Pete

I was getting the light blue loading screen with the HR superdude icon and "ComicBase Mobile" logo.  That screen would hang for a while, then it would crash out.  

Not that I am complaining, but the problem mysteriously vanished at some point today.  

When the app is loading, I assume that it needs to call on the HR servers.  Is it possible that there was a server issue of some sort going on yesterday at around the time that I posted the issue?