Sidekick cloud backup - account login error

Chris Wong

I'm using Comicbase 10 and trying to backup my database to the cloud via sidekick.  When I try to do this, I'm asked for my user id and password.  I enter it, but it keeps getting rejected and I get the message, "Check your user ID/email and password, then try again."  

I know I'm using the correct info because I can manually log into my account on the website to access my old cloud backup.  I just can't update it through sidekick.  Is there anything I can do?

One thing you can try, is to go to the CB website and change your password. It might 'refresh' or clear some cache.

Not sure if this is the same but when the recent Mobile app came out, I could not log in with my correct Userid/Password (similar to you). Changing the password seemed to clear 'something' up as I could then log in to the mobile app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Wong said:

I'm using Comicbase 10 and trying to backup my database to the cloud via sidekick.  When I try to do this, I'm asked for my user id and password.  I enter it, but it keeps getting rejected and I get the message, "Check your user ID/email and password, then try again."  

Is that a typo or are you actually using Comicbase 10?  

3 hours ago, Gregory Hecht said:

Is that a typo or are you actually using Comicbase 10?  

It's the 2015 version, I'm just so used to thinking I have 10 I just typed that.  I haven't been too active in collecting for the past few years.  It still works pretty well for my needs.

Edited by Chris Wong

4 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

One thing you can try, is to go to the CB website and change your password. It might 'refresh' or clear some cache.

Not sure if this is the same but when the recent Mobile app came out, I could not log in with my correct Userid/Password (similar to you). Changing the password seemed to clear 'something' up as I could then log in to the mobile app.

Thank you!  This worked perfectly!  You're awesome!

A followup question, how long does it take for the comicbase website to autogenerate an updated collection report once the new database has been backed up to the cloud?  I uploaded on May 1, and now on May 6th I'm still seeing my old report from last year.

I manually backup Collection Overview to the cloud weekly. Sometimes it takes days for my reports to show up under "My Comics" on CB Website and in the mobile app. I did it twice today andi t's still showing me May 4 as latest Collection Overview. I can see my latest Backup on the CB Weebsite. Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1