Jump to content

B&V Friends Forever Duplications


Recommended Posts

There is overlap between B&V Friends Forver (https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/TitleDetail.aspx?TitleID=59556&M=1) and various Betty and Veronica: Friends Forever one-shots (for example, https://atomicavenue.com/atomic/TitleDetail.aspx?TitleID=72926&M=1).

I'm not sure what the solution is.  The various indicias state issue 1 of different titles, but the UPC numbers would seem to indicate they're supposed to be part of a series.  Mark Castaneda, any thoughts (and why can't I tag you)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Steven L. Dasinger said:

If it helps, most, If not all, of the 'one-shots' are double-numbered in the indicia. (i.e. 1 (#5), 1, (#6), etc.)

It does, actually.  I think it lends credence to getting rid of the "one-shots" and keeping them under the one title.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archie and Friends is a similar situation as B&V forever.

Here are the cover text and indicia for B&V Friends Forever (Betty and Veronica Friends Forever)

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Pets
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#5), May, 2019. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Winterfest
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#12), March, 2021. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever At the Movies
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 June, 2018. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Travel Tales
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#2), September, 2018. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Sprint Break
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#13), May, 2021. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Halloween Spooktacular
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#15), November, 2021. PUblished bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Go to Work
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#4), March, 2019. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever What if...?
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#8), March, 2020. PUblished bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Return to Storybook Land
indicia: B&V Forever, No. 1 (#6), August, 2019. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Betty and Veronica Friends Forever Summer Surf Party
indicia: B&V Forever: Summer Surf Party, No. 1, (#17), September, 2022. Published bi-monthly
(NOTE indicia for this one includes 'Summer Surf Party' unlike the others.)


Here are the cover text and indicia for Archie & Friends:

Cover:   Archie & Friends Music Jam
indicia: Archie & Friends: Music, No. 1, (#1) April, 2019. Published bi-monthly
(Note Title and indicia slightly different)

Cover:   Archie & Friends Beach Party
indicia: Archie & Friends: Beach Party, No. 1 (#2), August, 2019. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Back to School
indicia: Archie & Friends: Back to School, No. 1 (#3), October, 2019. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Travel
indicia: Archie & Friends: Travel, No. 1 (#4), January, 2020. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Winter Wonderland
indicia: Archie & Friends: Winter Wonderland, No. 1 (#5), March 2020. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Geeks and Games
indicia: Archie & Friends: Geeks and Games, No. 1 (#6), June 2020. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Endless Summer
indicia: Archie & Friends: Endless Summer, No. 1 (#7), September, 2020. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Fall Festival
indicia: Archie & Friends: Fall Festival, No. 1 (#8), December, 2020. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Guide to Dating
indicia: Archie & Friends: Guide to Dating, No. 1 (#9), April 2021. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Superheroes
indicia: Archie & Friends: Superheroes, No. 1 (#10), July, 2021. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Summer Vacation
indicia: Archie & Friends: Summer Vacation, No. 1, (#11) September, 2021. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Christmas Calamity
indicia: Archie & Friends: Christmas Calamity, No. 1 (#12), January, 2022. Published bi-monthly

Cover:   Archie & Friends Summer Lovin'
indicia: Archie & Friends: Summer Lovin', No. 1 (#13), August, 2022. Published bi-monthly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When our team gets the advanced publisher solicitation data, there's no mention of the series issue numbering, so we have no clue any of them are part of bigger overall series. The safe approach is just to list them as a stand alone issue and use the notes field to indicate the series issue number.

Preferably, we'd like to have them listed under 1 title. We'll need to back track and revisit these 2 titles get all the issue listed underneath and remove the stand alone titles. If anyone would like to assist with this by sending in Corrected Data submissions that would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark J. Castaneda said:

When our team gets the advanced publisher solicitation data, there's no mention of the series issue numbering, so we have no clue any of them are part of bigger overall series. The safe approach is just to list them as a stand alone issue and use the notes field to indicate the series issue number.

Preferably, we'd like to have them listed under 1 title. We'll need to back track and revisit these 2 titles get all the issue listed underneath and remove the stand alone titles.


How about doing something similar with the recent Earth-Prime series published by DC? There were six issues, numbered #1-6, with variable titles. They are part of the same series, but each issue is given its own listing in ComicBase, even though the only issue of a given title variation might be #4 or #5. It's a little different from these two Archie titles in that there's no parenthetical issue number--but then they didn't make each issue of Earth-Prime a #1 (surprisingly), they just played around with the title.

I'd prefer to group all the issues of Mr. Monster Super-Duper Special together, too, but instead they are split across multiple titles. They have presumably been that way for a very long time, unlike these more recent titles, so this would likely be a more problematic change than the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Randall J. Paske said:


How about doing something similar with the recent Earth-Prime series published by DC? There were six issues, numbered #1-6, with variable titles. They are part of the same series, but each issue is given its own listing in ComicBase, even though the only issue of a given title variation might be #4 or #5. It's a little different from these two Archie titles in that there's no parenthetical issue number--but then they didn't make each issue of Earth-Prime a #1 (surprisingly), they just played around with the title.

I'd prefer to group all the issues of Mr. Monster Super-Duper Special together, too, but instead they are split across multiple titles. They have presumably been that way for a very long time, unlike these more recent titles, so this would likely be a more problematic change than the others.

at this point, we'd prefer not to change those Earth-Prime issues, they've been around just long enough especially for our DC fans that we'd rather not adjust.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, Mark J. Castaneda said:

Preferably, we'd like to have them listed under 1 title. We'll need to back track and revisit these 2 titles get all the issue listed underneath and remove the stand alone titles. If anyone would like to assist with this by sending in Corrected Data submissions that would be appreciated.

Mark,

I'm happy to work on the data submissions this weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, Adam Sternberg said:

Mark,

I'm happy to work on the data submissions this weekend.

Mark, I've submitted the corrections for the B&V Friends Forever titles (Archie and Friends was already done).  I did note that B&V Friends Forever: Halloween Spooktacular was not yet deleted as a title

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...