Mark Jeweler Insert Variants Price Advice

Hello!  I'm coming across some Mark Jeweler Insert Variants as I catalog my collection.  On other forums, I've seen discussions about possible rarity.  What I haven't really found are guidelines for how to adjust the price.  Should I just default a standard markup or is it more like a sliding scale?  For example, FF #269 MJ shows a markup of 4.00 for Near Mint vs $2.25 for the regular.  But FF #274 and 275 MJ variants are $28 and $42 respectively for the same grade while their regular versions are only $3-3.50.  Or are these differences based on Atomic Avenue listings?

Regardless of what I do, I'm submitting these variants to CB to show that they exist.

Thanks for your advice!

PS - for now, I'm just duplicating the regular issue covers rather than taking photos of my copies.

Our pricing for these variants mainly comes from AA listings/sales. There isn't a real demand for these so wouldn't expect a lot of movement with them.

By all means, if you find other sources that warrant a price adjustment, feel free to change your price in your database AND also apply the 'lock price' option ComicBase provides so our updates don't change them.

*we would prefer you use the actual covers than a duplicate of the regular cover.

Hi Mark.  Thanks!  For MJIV covers, I discovered the following.  Sometimes, the image for the pre-loaded regular issue is the same as my MJIV.  For those instances, I made a copy and labeled it "xx-MJ".  I can take a photo of mine, but then if I submit new or corrected info, you're still going to have a duplicate of the cover.  A good example would be FF vol 1 issue 212 where I think it's of a Newstand rather than a Direct Edition (see attached).

For others, in the "picture file" I saw a few issues that were labeled "xx-a" and yet, there is no record for a "A" variant. Example: Fantastic Four Vol 1 issue 215.  The regular cover has Spider-Man's head in the bottom left corner, which I understand is a Direct Edition.  The 215-a cover has a bar code in that corner as well as a few other tell-tales that indicate it's a Newstand edition and possibly an MJIV.  For this issue, the image looks exactly like mine so I just relabeled the 215-a to 215-MJ (ditto attachments).

Per your request, I'll upload images for my MJIV issues if they are visually different than the regular covers.

212.jpg

215.jpg

215-mj.jpg

• 1 month later...

For the mark Jewelers issues they are in higher demand and also getting more collector attention because the mark jeweler inserts are a thicker insert which helps maintain the comic to maintain a better more desirable condition. Mark Jewelers insert comic issues were primarily distributed on a limited basis near military installations. These Comics were the same as all the other Comics except they had the mark Jewelers insert. I've checked several resources my comicshop.com I've checked eBay I've checked Comic Vine I've checked other sources in most cases Mark Jewelers have a usual $8 to $15 price increase in value just a heads up. I have several Mark Jewelers so you may want to scarf those other low price before people catch on

• Like 1

• 4 months later...