Previews Catalogs

Downloaded the latest content update today, and happened to notice that there were a ton of cover images for Previews Catalog that dumped in the Slave Labor publisher's directory rather than the Diamond Comic Distributors Inc directory where the other Previews Catalog cover images are housed. The first few examples:

image.png.fb23fa84e7cecb7604bb3d732605b4cb.png

To add to the weirdness, in my update, the Previews Catalog cover got put into the folder for Publisher "Gabe Martinez". Here are a few of them:

ComicBase Data\Pictures\G\Gabe Martinez\Previews Catalog\1.jpg
ComicBase Data\Pictures\G\Gabe Martinez\Previews Catalog\2.jpg
ComicBase Data\Pictures\G\Gabe Martinez\Previews Catalog\3.jpg

Mark, it it strange because the seem to go into random publisher folders.  For the same update, Previews Catalog cover went to 'Slave Labor" for Lance and 'Gabe Martinez' for me. So, they may be in some other publisher for you. If you download covers, check the Log to and search for 'Previews Catalog' to see if and where they might have been written.

Out of curiosity this morning, I hit the Check For Updates again, and it downloaded another content update which included the Previews Catalog images again, but it dropped them in a different publisher's folder this time. Similarly the Playboy Magazine images jumped publisher folders as well:

image.png.77692d989d3e4c2c65ab52b141f872a5.png

Going to the actual Previews Catalog title in ComicBase, it showed the entries for those issues, but without cover images. Highlighting the entries in the software and hitting Download Covers did bring down the images correctly though. I'm currently on build v.21.0.1.1689 if that helps to identify the issue.

Try now--I had to restrict the auto-downloaded list to just comics for the moment. Working on a newer rev to ComicBase that will properly process magazine, book pictures into their proper locations using a new web interface in order to preserve compatibility with older versions of ComicBase.

-Pete

Thank you for that tip! That does seem to have removed the Previews Catalog scans from the mix-up (by eliminating them from the download), although I did still spot a few other magazine titles routed to the wrong publishers. Still seems to only be affecting magazines, and as before, if I go to the individual entries in ComicBase, highlight the issue, and use Download Cover from the drop-down menu, it downloads to the correct folder:

image.png.16dc6d9cb57b8fa4a553e6e78a1b85d0.png

Edited by Lance Fittro
Accidentally pasted image twice

There was also a problem, as it turns out, with a stored procedure on the back-end which wasn't associating titles and their media types properly. Fixed now, so older versions of ComicBase shouldn't have a problem. Posting a new version (1711) which should work for all media types.

-Pete

• 2 weeks later...