Marvel Age #1000

William Steel

I bought a copy this week, but neither it nor its variants have been added to CB. I know that the original series was moved to magazines. This however, is a collection of six comic stories about superheroes celebrating sixty years of the Marvel Age of Comics. So any suggestions how should I enter this?

1 hour ago, William Steel said:

I bought a copy this week, but neither it nor its variants have been added to CB. I know that the original series was moved to magazines. This however, is a collection of six comic stories about superheroes celebrating sixty years of the Marvel Age of Comics. So any suggestions how should I enter this?

You're timing is fantastic!  I was about to ask the same thing.

@Mark J. Castaneda will be the final

judge on this, but I would suggest that the database place Marvel Age #1000 under a new title such as Marvel Age (2nd series) under the Comics category. That way the older issues can stay where they are under Magazines but the new release can be under Comics. (Especially since #1000 here is a numbering stunt and not true legacy numbering)

• Like 1

I would advise against putting an issue number in the title. A few years ago Marvel put out Marvel Comics #1000 and then followed up with a sequel Marvel Comics #1001.
Murphy’s Law says that if you create a title Marvel Age 1000, there will be a follow-up Marvel Age #1001 or #2000 or #2099 or something.  If you don’t put the issue number in the new title today then there is less of an opportunity for facepalming tomorrow. 🙂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scott J. Promish said:

Where is the Marvel Age Annual?  That was 100% comic.

The annuals are listed with the main title, in the Magazines category. From the descriptions in the database, it doesn't look like all four annuals were 100% comics. (I only have #3, and it's a mix of comics and articles.) If any of them were 100% comics, it probably still makes sense to keep them with the rest of the series under magazines rather than make a separate listing under comics. It could be considered an "all-comics issue" of a series that presents magazine content for all (or nearly all) the rest of its issues.