Another screensaver suggestion

Michael Groetz

I agree.  We have a setting for Mature Only, but not for Owned Only?

While we're making suggestions, how about the option to have it display based on an Advanced Find search.  Think of the flexible use...  A store could display current issues, or sale issues, or...

How about the option to choose between full screen single cover, collage, or both?

How about the option for Full Screen Single Cover to include a caption, identifying the book, and maybe the notes?

Okay, just noticed that hovering the mouse over a cover in the screen saver displays the Title and Issue.  Not used to thinking about using the mouse during a screen saver...

Have a suggestion that might be difficult to implement...  Extra-wide wraparound and gatefold cover scans, when they occur in the screen saver grid, would be better appreciated if they spanned two positions in grid.

• 11 months later...

Setup Menu>ComicBase Preferences>make sure you have 'Automatically download larger pictures when viewing items' set. As you use the software/screensaver over time, higher res images will get downloaded and be shown.

Alternatively, if you want all the pictures to be at their best quality now, just download all the picture files for the edition you have from your registrations page:

https://www.comicbase.com/mycb/Registrations.aspx

*be sure to set the download links page to 'other' to see all the picture download links

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's an example of what I was talking about. The title isn't mature, but it has a variant cover which has mature content. 

image.thumb.png.8795fbe38111c0d89f781765ded1c4ca.png

I don't want to exclude the title or cover from my database, but at the same time I don't really want my kids walking in on a screensaver with this kind of content. Being able to mark a specific cover as mature so that it isn't used by the screensaver would be a great feature.