The ComicBase Livestream thread!

I'm not sure if this was covered in an earlier video, I haven't watched the whole back catalog, but I think a good topic I would like to see a couple of examples of what a reviewer of submissions sees when reviewing submissions and how they process them.  A couple of examples would be helpful - a wholly new issue, an edited Title description, an edited Notes, a newly-supplied Cover Artist, etc.  What kinds of things are easily recognized, what kinds of things are best warned about ahead of time (and how to bring them up, and to whom).

• Like 2

If this can actually be shown, it sounds like a good idea. The topic was mentioned at least once but not in great detail.  In general:

If a change to an existing Publisher/Title/Issue # (which uniquely identifies an item) is sent and not part of the unique items), the process can compare the submission with the Master Database and display the differences (with changes high-lighted in some fashion, I believe).

If a change is a new submission, there would be nothing to compare.

This is important because if a change is made to anything that is needed to uniquely identify an entry (Publisher/Title/Issue #), it will look like a new submission since it can't be found in the Master Database. These types of changes would need to be brought to HC's attention through an email to Support, on Slack (if you can) or here in the forums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Timothy S. Kilbreath said:

There was a little discussion in the chat bar last week about storage for comic books.  I would like to see Pete address that topic, say what he uses, and maybe what some of the other ComicBase people use.

Thanks!

Agreed. Storage options would be a good topic. If I recall correctly, Pete mentioned filing cabinets for storing comics. If you use Facebook, there is a group I follow that deals specifically with comic collectors who use filing cabinets to store their collections. The Facebook page/group goes by the name of "Comic File Cabinets" https://www.facebook.com/groups/555329177952584/

• 2 weeks later...